President's Bio

Richard C. Peace

Rick is President of White Wolf Land Service in Bakersfield, California. He and his associates oversee land acquisitions and project management for oil and gas exploration and production, land developments, and energy plant and facility operations for projects in California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado.

Rick formed White Wolf in 1995 when Union Oil Company of California (Unocal) announced its closure of their regional office in Bakersfield, and moving their operations from California. He had served as a Contract Landman for Unocal since 1987, and received his most valuable training from Unocal’s Land Manager, Mr. Wayne Rodges. Prior to Unocal, Rick was an Independent Landman for various brokers in the Southern San Joaquin Valley, and started in the oil and gas industry in 1980 for Mr. Joseph Covello, Central California Oil Company, where he received his first mentoring from one of the top consultants and individual in the industry! He also gained experience as a Title Officer and Title Searcher for Ticor Title Insurance of California (Title Insurance and Trust), now Chicago Title Company.

As a requirement for employment with Unocal, Rick returned to school at California State University, Bakersfield, where he received scholarships from the American Petroleum Institute (API), and the Bakersfield Association of Professional Landmen (BAPL). He graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration-General Business.

Since graduating, Rick organized the first Relay for Life in California that currently nets in excess of $1,000,000 each year, and is now the third largest event in the world. But after finding out the money was ending up in other parts of California, Rick and his friends formed a new not-for-profit in 1999, entitled Children’s Advocates Resource Endowment (CARE). CARE raises money for local children’s charities, and the money stays within Kern County, all members of the Board of Directors are volunteers (no paid administrative staff), and none of the monies granted to charities will go towards any administrative costs. CARE raises its own funds through special events, such as its most popular Village Fest event (a food, entertainment, wine, and beer tasting), with over 6000 people in attendance, and held each September in Bakersfield (www.BakersfieldVillageFest.com).

Each year, CARE places 60% of all money raised into an Endowment Fund, for the future of our children. The remaining 40% is awarded twice a year to local charities that specialize in children’s needs. To date, CARE has granted in excess of $325,000, and has purchased or granted over $384,000 in products and services, by utilizing local businesses to extend their purchasing power.

Rick has served as an officer and volunteer for the Bakersfield Association of Professional Landmen (BAPL) since 1988, and has been its President, Vice President of Activities and Events, Vice President of Memberships and Meetings, and Secretary. He has also served on the Steering Committee for the West Coast Landmen’s Institute (a continuing educational seminar for his profession) from 1994 to 2004, and was Co-Chairman from 2000 to 2004.

Rick has been featured in the CSUB Cal-State Today (Alumni magazine) on Rick’s accomplishments, along with the American Association of Professional Landmen (AAPL). The Los Angeles Association of Professional Landmen (LAAPL) also nominated Rick for “AAPL Landman of the Year” in 2003 and 2004.

Rick resides in downtown Bakersfield, just four houses from where he lived as a child. Rick spends his spare time assisting other charities for their events as a volunteer consultant, and enjoys golf, skiing, and sailing with close friends to the Channels Islands, Catalina Island, and Mexico.

Click here to view Rick's resume (PDF 68K)
Our Vision:

At the heart of White Wolf is our vision… to be the energy support company most admired for its professional approach, work ethic, and its personnel, and to continue as an advocate leader “for the children of our community”.

We serve these areas: